Preserving Your Trees and Protecting Your Property
The objective of a Plant Health Care (PHC) program is to maintain or improve the landscape’s appearance, vitality, and safety, using appropriate and responsible methods and treatments. We believe that trees offer economic, environmental, and social benefits, and here at Oak Bros, we have created programs focused on these aspects.
Whether you have a property with just a couple trees, or live in the forest, Oak Bros has a program and solution that can provide you and your landscape healthy and happy plants. With Oak Bros Plant Health Care, we’re ready to evaluate your trees and property to provide the thorough, detailed tree services you need to keep your property looking its best.
As one of two tree services in Central Illinois that is accredited by the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA), Oak Bros. has the confidence, quality, and ethical procedures to supply the client with the best possible experience. We pride ourselves on safety procedures, and knowledge in the industry, all in order to advance the industry as a whole.
AIR-SPADE - a pneumatic soil excavation tool used for several services:
- Improve soil aeration (to improve nutrient uptake and encourage root growth)
- Alleviate soil compaction which is common after construction, high traffic areas, as well as urban areas
- Root collar excavations to inspect tree for girdling roots and root rot diseases
- Whether you need roots excavated, soil removed, or general tree work done, the AIR-SPADE is an amazing tool that safely removes material without damaging sensitive tree roots and trunk bark.
- Need to improve water absorption, improve soil structure, and add mulch? The AIR-SPADE is the tool you need and Oak Bros has the professionals to get the job done right the first time.
BEFORE/ DURING / AFTER
Cambistat - a tree growth regulator that reduces canopy growth by 40-70% over a three year period. As Cambistat slows the growth, the tree redirects some of its energy from canopy growth to defense chemicals, fibrous root production, and other uses, including drought stress management, injured roots, and trees in urban environments. The resulting allocation of energy makes the tree healthier and more durable.
Preventative and Therapeutic Treatments:
Alamo - fungicide used for the preventative and therapeutic treatments of Oak Wilt. Much better results when used preventatively.
Verdur - a form of iron that can help relieve chlorotic conditions for up to three years. Chlorosis is a condition in which leaves are unable to produce a necessary amount of chlorophyll, which results in a pale, yellow, or off white color. The resulting lack of ability to go through photosynthesis will cause the tree to become stressed and potentially die.
Verdur treatment in Central Illinois
Xytect - broad spectrum insecticide providing 12 months of protection, while controlling a wide variety of pests. When used preventatively, Xytect easily controls many Central Illinois pests including:
- Japanese Beetles
- Emerald Ash Borer
- along with many other difficult to control insects
There are many more services that Oak Bros Plant Health Care can offer. We offer solutions to fit any landscape, and are excited by the opportunity to serve you and the greater Central Illinois region!