Ground Operations Specialist: This person is responsible for all groundwork, including the operation of various pieces of power equipment. This person frequently assists the Crew Leader, Aerial Lift Specialist, or Tree Climber Specialist with aspects of their work. Ground Operations Specialist training addresses:
1. Defensive driving
2. Parking and backing vehicles
3. Driving in poor weather, emergency parking
4. Job site hazard inspection
5. Traffic control
6. Work planning
7. Job briefings
8. Emergency preparation, prevention and response
9. Preparing equipment for the day
10. Assisting and working with climbers
11. Line handling (working with ropes)
12. Basic knots
13. Storing chain saws, gas and oil
14. Walking with chain saws
15. Chain saw PPE
16. Starting chain saws
17. Cutting spring poles
18. Proper bucking techniques
19. Proper tree-felling techniques (notch, back cut, hinge)
20. Avoiding struck-by injuries
21. Work-zone, landing-zone, drop zone guidelines
22. Setting up and positioning a chipper
23. Dragging and stacking brush
24. Feeding the chipper
25. Proper chipper operation
26. Chipper maintenance precautions
Interviews will be scheduled once a reasonable amount of applications are received. You MUST have a current and valid drivers license, clean driving record, and be able to obtain a CDL within 30 days of employment. Pre-employment drug screens/physicals are a requirement for all new hires. Current CDL holders will receive a bonus.
We are still looking for quality individuals looking for a career in tree care! Great wages, great benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, amazing equipment!!!
Performs fertilization, disease control, and pest management on trees and shrubs using spray and injection tools. Various other tree care related tasks on an as-needed basis.
As an Oak Bros Plant Health Care Technician, you will be responsible for the correct and timely application of products to our client’s landscape to improve the overall local urban forest.
What You’ll Do:
· Cultivate your career and fertilize your future!
· Properly identify and diagnose insects, disease, fungus conditions and pest prone areas on trees or shrubs.
· Communicate with and educate the client regarding the diagnosis and the prescribed pest control and fertilization service.
· Maintain client and supervisor communication based on tree/shrub needs and departmental needs.
· Drive, use, maintain, and properly operate equipment (truck and sprayer).
· Abide by all SDS (Safety Data Sheets), company chemical guidelines, OSHA standards relating to chemical usage in tree care, and wear proper PPE while using products.
What We’re Looking For:
· Love of the outdoors, and the ability to work independently.
· Preferred: Background in Forestry, Horticulture, Landscaping, or related field.
· Preferred: Local tree and shrub identification, and ability to learn on the job.
· Ability to complete the Oak Bros Tree Care Qualified Plant Health Care Tech training program upon hire.
· Ability to complete the Oak Bros Tree Care First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Preferred: Illinois Pesticide Applicator’s License, or ability to obtain within 3 months.
What We Offer*:
· Paid time off and paid holidays
· 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
· Group Health Plan
· Quarterly Incentives based on performance review
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees
Invest in your future. Join one of the fastest growing tree care companies in central Illinois. Oak Bros has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unmatched tree care services. We do this by investing in team members education, as well as personal and professional growth. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Job Segment: Horticulture, Housekeeping, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Agricultural, Agriculture, Hospitality
Education & Skills