Position Overview Performs fertilization, disease control, and pest management on trees and shrubs using spray and injection tools. Various other tree care related tasks on an as-needed basis. As an Oak Bros Plant Health Care Technician, you will be responsible for the correct and timely application of products to our client’s landscape to improve the overall local urban forest.
Job Duties (What You’ll Do):
- Cultivate your career and fertilize your future!
- Properly identify and diagnose insects, disease, fungus conditions and pest prone areas on trees or shrubs.
- Communicate with and educate the client regarding the diagnosis and the prescribed pest control and fertilization service.
- Maintain client and supervisor communication based on tree/shrub needs and departmental needs.
- Drive, use, maintain, and properly operate equipment (truck and sprayer).
- Abide by all SDS (Safety Data Sheets), company chemical guidelines, OSHA standards relating to chemical usage in tree care, and wear proper PPE while using products.
Qualifications What We’re Looking For:
- Love of the outdoors, and the ability to work independently.
- Preferred: Background in Forestry, Horticulture, Landscaping, or related field.
- Preferred: Local tree and shrub identification, and ability to learn on the job.
- Ability to complete the Oak Bros Tree Care Qualified Plant Health Care Tech training program upon hire.
- Ability to complete the Oak Bros Tree Care First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Preferred: Illinois Pesticide Applicator’s License, or ability to obtain within 3 months.
Additional Information (What We Offer*):
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Group Health Plan
- Quarterly Incentives based on performance review
*All listed benefits available to eligible employees Company Overview Invest in your future. Join one of the fastest growing tree care companies in central Illinois. Oak Bros has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchanging of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety, and delivering unmatched tree care services. We do this by investing in team members education, as well as personal and professional growth. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
Employment Type: Permanent Job
Type: Full Time Job
Segment: Horticulture, Housekeeping, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Agricultural, Agriculture, HospitalityBack